A Frozen Drink in Summertime Heat
It’s Memorial Day Weekend, and in my mind, the unofficial start of summer (I’d like to believe we’re finally done with snow for the next few months). That means taking advantage of eating outside, reading a book outside, and just generally, being outside. But it also can get incredibly hot during the summer months, which can put a cramp in my outside time. So to stay cool, it’s time to break out the blender and enjoy some frozen drinks. With alcohol. Frozen drinks tend to be so easy and so delicious and are a nice change of pace from just a glass of wine or beer.
There are of course the standard frozen margaritas or frozen rosé, but you’d be surprised at how many recipes there are for so many different drinks. Personally, the idea of a Frozen Peach Bellini really speaks to me. Bellini? Great. Frozen Bellini? Even better. (I also happen to be a sucker for drinks originating in Italy, what can I say.) Damn Delicious has a super easy, really good recipe that I hope you all can enjoy!
Frozen Peach Bellini
- 3 cups frozen peach slices
- 1 cup mango nectar
- 1 (750-mL) bottle Prosecco, chilled
How to make:
- Combine peach slices and mango nectar in blender until smooth.
- Pour peach mixture into champagne flutes until half full. Fill glasses with Prosecco.
- Serve immediately, garnished with peach slices, if desired.