8 fun facts about wine!
Ever wonder about wine! Here are 8 fun facts about wine.
- Wine can improve your sex life! Yes, an Italian study showed that women who consumed 2 glasses of wine daily, enjoy physical pleasure much more intensely than women who don’t drink wine at all. A fantastic reason to drink wine, right?
- Did you know what we have so much to thank monks for the delicious wine we drink today? Monastic orders actually innovated and preserve the techniques of wine making during the Middle Ages.
- I bet you also didn’t know that wine was first discovered in the Middle East about 7,000 – 5,000 BC. Supposedly fermented by mistake and now we make mistakes because of wine!
- Did you also know that wine drinking may reduce the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer’s, strokes and gum disease? I’m sure you have heard of some of that but the fun fact is that red wine is actually much more beneficial to your health that white wine is. In fact, white wine may have detrimental effects to your health.
- The shallow type of champagne glass originated with Marie Antoinette. It was friest formed from wax molds made of her breast.
- In ancient Babylon, the bride’s father supplied hi new son-in-law with all the mead (honey wine) he could drink in one lunar month – hence the term “honeymoon”.
- The soil of one famous vineyard in France is considered so precious that laborers are required to scrape it from their shoes before leaving the fields.
- The number one consumer of wine in the world is China. They consume 155 million 9 liter cases of red wine in 2013.